List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:14641] Can't connect to distant POP3 server.
From:       Gil Andre <gandre () arkeia ! com>
Date:       2002-06-28 10:59:02

Hello everyone.

I am trying to connect to a distant POP3 email server, through
my main (job) account.

All the information has been entered correctly, and checked
with my home account, using Pegasus Mail running under Windows
(ugh).

Anyway: connecting to the POP3 email account produces the
following error message within Sylpheed:

Connecting to POP3 server: pop.xyz.abc ...
*** Can't connect to POP3 server: pop.xyz.abc:110

What is the "110" error message that Sylpheed sends me back?

Please remember that it is possible to access the server from
my home, so the parameters should be correct...

Many, many, many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

--

Gil Andre          gandre@arkeia.com