List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:13012] Re: Saving more than one message
From:       Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-30 17:05:37

Hi,

on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:34:31 +0200
Markus Mitterhofer <markus@grimmhof.com> wrote:

 > I'm looking for a way to save more than one message in one file.

 > Right now when I right click on a message I get the 'Save as' menu, but
 > when I select more than one message this option is not available. Is
 > there a workaround for this?
 >
 > I really need this feature because at the end of each day I have to save
 > all messages from one folder to a single file and mail it out to a
 > couple of people.

Depending on what you want exactly, here are some possibilities:

1/ You can also forward many selected messages in one mail as attachements. This
will attach the emails correctly, and every MIME capable mailer will read them
appropriately. This would be my favourite option to forward a bunch of mails.

2/ If it's the matter of saving a whole folder, look at "export to mbox..". This
will create a mbox file that can be imported by nearly every mailer and it can
also be read using any text editor.

3/ If you want to archive selected mails, as you are using Claws, there's
another option using the 'Actions' feature :

Create an action:
Name: Tar selected messages
Command: tar cf /your/home/mails.tar %F

Obviously, you won't have the possibility to change the name of the tar file.
The files will be archived in the /you/home/mails.tar. But this will also store
the file names of each message. Which is maybe an unwanted feature, as the
person which will receive them will de-archive them in 'you/home/Mail/.../#'
where # is the file name of the message (a number). Note also the untarred
message has a relative path (no leading slash).... hum, so I think finally this
is not a thing you want to do... forget 3.

Best regards

--
Melvin Hadasht