List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:11989] Re: External editor
From:       Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-03-28 23:24:09

Hi,

on Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:47:38 -0500
Matthieu Le Jeune <mlejeune123@ifrance.com> wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I've setup Sylpheed to always use Vim as an external editor (gvim --remote
 > '%s'), and it doesn't seem to work correctly.
 > When compose a new message, it correctly open a new document in vim,
 > but when I save & close from vim, Sylpheed doesn't import the text in the
 > message.

Sylpheed waits until the command returns (by quitting the application).
Running gvim without the -f option will make gvim run detached and Sylpheed will
think that the editor exited (the window is not greyed when running without -f).

There is no other way for sylpheed to know that the file was saved. So you
must use -f with gvim.

Best regards

--
Melvin Hadasht