List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:11049] Re: Unicode support in Sylpheed?
From:       Michael Doughty <Doughty_Michael () bsjkk ! co ! jp>
Date:       2002-02-28 3:10:06

>> Somewhere around Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:26:15 +0000, Ricardo Mones Lastra wrote:
>   Quoting Sylpheed homepage:
>
>   "Supports many code sets, including UTF-8 (Unicode), on using libjconv"

I saw this on the homepage, but I too cannot read some mail I get from people
using Outlook or OE.  I usually tell them to get their encoding right or
don't mail me, but I would like to be able to just read the messages.  And,
yes, I do have libjconv support compiled in.  It just doesn't always work.
A couple times it is because the header explicitly lied about what encoding
it was using, ie it was all UTF-8, but the header said iso-8859-1.  But in
other cases, the header just didn't say what it was and sylpheed still just
displayed ??? marks for everything.

*shrug*

Michael