List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:11048] A bug and a comment on the new attachment handling
From:       Michael Herman <michael () thehermans ! org>
Date:       2002-02-28 3:15:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Lo, All.

A new bug and a comment.

First, the bug.  With the new attachments tab, when I right-click to
use a different program to open an attachment, Sylpheed crashes and I
get a segmentation fault.  I ran it with --debug but there is nothing
there worth looking at.  I am running Sylpheed0.7.2claws17 on RH7.2.

Now for the comment.  I'm not so wild about the new multi-tab system
with text and attachments.  I realize that this is to save screen real
estate but I find it arduous to have to click on the attachments tab
to see what the attachment is.  Often, I receive attachments that are
GIFs or BMP because people have included them in the sig.  I don't
need to look at these.  But equally as often, I receive documents that
I do need to read.  With this new interface, I have to look at the
attachments tab regardless.

Thanks.

--
Michael Herman

Public PGP/GPG key 0xDE33E22F available via  http://pgpkeys.mit.edu

["00000000.mimetmp" (application/pgp-signature)]