List:       swsusp-devel
Subject:    [swsusp] swsusp-v8pre3-2.4.3 released
From:       Roland Riegel roland.riegel.maillist () gmx ! de
Date:       2001-04-06 21:00:27

Am Freitag,  6. April 2001 21:58 schrieben Sie:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've managed to compile it. It has some minor problems but mainly I find
> it O.K.
>
> Read notes and get this version at:
> http://falcon.sch.bme.hu/~seasons/linux
>
> It should have
> - APM support (is it?)
> - apply differences between v7b and v7c
> - there are some notes to check also in kernel/swsusp.c and homepage
> itself.
>
> 				Seasons

Hi seasons!

I just compiled your patch without any errors.
After rebooting I wanted to test swsusp and pressed Ctrl+Alt+SysRq+d. The
console disappeared and only a blinking cursor stayed there for about 10
seconds. Then the console reappeared and nothing happend. Same with X/KDE.
I rebooted the system manually (reboot), but it started quite normal. There
was no ram image loaded.
Do I have to do anything else? (I'm using swsusp for the first time.)

Please help me!
Roland

PS: I'm using gcc 2.95.2 and compiled "Magic SysRq key" into the kernel.
Additionally I selected "Software Suspend" and "Support hardware state
restore" under the "General Setup"