List:       swiff-info
Subject:    Bug (?) in Flash File Format SDK
From:       Jon Kale <jon.kale>
Date:       2000-06-04 14:05:38

Gentlemen

I've sent this to all three of you since I'm not sure whose responsibility
it is: I've also cc'ed it to the OpenSWF list since I'm sure they'd be
interested too.

The problem is evidenced when creating FShapeRecEdgeStraight records (it may
also hold true for FShapeRecEdgeCurved records, but I haven't had time to
check this fully): if you create a FShapeRecEdgeStraight of zero length i.e.
FShapeRecEdgeStraight* demoedge = new FShapeRecEdgeStraight(0, 0), the
resulting movie will crash the Flash player.

While I'm aware that not drawing zero-length lines is an obvious
optimisation, so (hopefully) few people will do it, I thought you may like
to be aware of this.
--
J O N  K A L E
LEAD DEVELOPER