List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [suse-security] sendmail
From:       "Simon Kaggwa" <s2_kaggwa () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-30 9:01:53

The man page for which says:

Which takes a series of program names(in your case sendmail),    and prints
out the full pathname of the program that the shell would call  to execute
it.

The results you got do not necessarily mean sendmail is running on your
system, if you want to find out whether sendamil is running type;
ps ax | grep sendmail | grep -v grep