List:       suse-security
Subject:    Re: [suse-security] UDP and "-m state --state xxx"? (Re: [suse-security] Looking
From:       "Ralph Seichter" <r.seichter () isc-inf ! com>
Date:       2001-08-30 7:19:19

--=_alternative 002838D7C1256AB8_Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Andreas Baetz wrote:

> according to the manual and to my tests it [stateful inspection] not
only
> works for tcp, but also for udp and icmp (for what else, I don't know)

Thanks, Andreas. I shall overhaul my personal iptables script and add
state checking to the rules dealing with UDP / ICMP based services. I
thought that stateful inspection was available for TCP only, but it is
good to know I made a mistake in assuming so.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter
ISC Informatik Service & Consulting GmbH
Tel +49 2241 867-0     mailto:r.seichter@isc-inf.com
Fax +49 2241 867-222   http://www.isc-inf.com/

--=_alternative 002838D7C1256AB8_Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

for tcp, but also for udp and icmp (for what else, I don't know)</font> <br>
iptables script and add state checking to the rules dealing with UDP / ICMP based \
services. I thought that stateful inspection was available for TCP only, but it is \
good to know I made a mistake in assuming so.<br> </font><font size=2 face="Courier \
New"><br> <br>
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards<br>
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter<br>
ISC Informatik Service &amp; Consulting GmbH<br>
Tel +49 2241 867-0 &nbsp; &nbsp; mailto:r.seichter@isc-inf.com<br>
Fax +49 2241 867-222 &nbsp; http://www.isc-inf.com/<br>
--=_alternative 002838D7C1256AB8_=--