List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    [suse-programming-e] Explained:Re: [suse-programming-e] building kdesdk from svn.
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2006-02-26 23:23:58

On Sunday 26 February 2006 18:00, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> I know there are mailing lists which more directly focus on KDE issues, but
> this seems like a reasonable place to start.  I'm trying to build the svn
> image of kdesdk.
>
> I have everything installed that I can imagine is relevant on my SUSE LINUX
> 10.0 (i586) VERSION = 10.0 system from the supplementary directory on the
> ftp site.
>
> This is what I checked out:
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk
>
> I did a
> $ make -fMakefile.cvs
> $ ./configure  --prefix=/home/hattons/opt/org/kdesdk

I looked in the config.log and found

configure:30721: error:
I can't find the designer plugins. These are required and should have been
insta
lled
by kdelibs

Which lead me to configure line 30721 and:

if test -n "$kde_widgetdir" && test ! -r
"$kde_widgetdir/kde4/plugins/designer/k
dewidgets.la"; then
{ { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error:
I can't find the designer plugins. These are required and should have been
insta
lled
by kdelibs" >&5
echo "$as_me: error:
I can't find the designer plugins. These are required and should have been
insta
lled
by kdelibs" >&2;}
   { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
fi

if test -n "$kde_widgetdir"; then
    kde_widgetdir="$kde_widgetdir/kde4/plugins/designer"
fi

I thought the KDE svn had been reverted to KDE3.x on the trunk. looks like I
was incorrect.

Steven