List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    [suse-programming-e] building kdesdk from svn.
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2006-02-26 23:00:07

I know there are mailing lists which more directly focus on KDE issues, but
this seems like a reasonable place to start.  I'm trying to build the svn
image of kdesdk.

I have everything installed that I can imagine is relevant on my SUSE LINUX
10.0 (i586) VERSION = 10.0 system from the supplementary directory on the ftp
site.

This is what I checked out:
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk

I did a
$ make -fMakefile.cvs
$ ./configure  --prefix=/home/hattons/opt/org/kdesdk

This is the tail of the ./configure output:

checking for Qt... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include
checking for moc... /usr/bin/moc
checking for uic... Qt user interface compiler.
uic: Unrecognized option
Usage: /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic  [options] [mode] <uifile>

Generate declaration:
   /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic  [options] <uifile>
Generate implementation:
   /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic  [options] -impl <headerfile> <uifile>
        <headerfile>    name of the declaration file
Generate image collection:
   /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic  [options] -embed <project> <image1> <image2>
<image3> ...
or
   /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic  [options] -embed <project> -f <temporary file
containing image names>
        <project>       project name
        <image[1-N]>    image files
Generate subclass declaration:
   /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic  [options] -subdecl <subclassname>
<baseclassheaderfile> <uifile>
        <subclassname>     name of the subclass to generate
        <baseclassheaderfile>    declaration file of the baseclass
Generate subclass implementation:
   /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic  [options] -subimpl <subclassname>
<subclassheaderfile> <uifile>
        <subclassname>     name of the subclass to generate
        <subclassheaderfile>    declaration file of the subclass
        -o file         Write output to file rather than stdout
        -pch file       Add #include "file" as the first statement in
implementation
        -nofwd          Omit forward declarations of custom classes
        -nounload       Don't unload plugins after processing
        -tr func        Use func() instead of tr() for i18n
        -L path         Additional plugin search path
        -version        Display version of uic
        -help           Display this information
Qt user interface compiler 4.1.0.
/usr/bin/uic
checking for uic3... /usr/bin/uic3
checking whether uic supports -L ... no
checking whether uic supports -nounload ... no
checking for rcc... /usr/bin/rcc
checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
checking for rpath... yes
checking for KDE... configure: error:
I can't find the designer plugins. These are required and should have been
installed
by kdelibs

Suggestions?

Steven