List:       suse-programming-e
Subject:    Re: [suse-programming-e] MIT Scheme on SuSE 10
From:       Anders Johansson <andjoh () rydsbo ! net>
Date:       2005-12-13 21:19:47

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 22:09, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> What do I need in order to work with MIT Scheme on SuSE 10?  I can't figure
> out how to get a chicken nor an egg from the savana site.  Theire so-called
> binary distribution does not reflect the documentation that comes with it.
> In particular there is no bin directory which is where they claim I will
> find the executables.  If I understand correctly, I need that in order to
> build any CVS executable of Scheme.

guile is a scheme implementation similar to MIT/GNU scheme, which is included
in 10.0 (there is no such thing as SuSE 10, there is SUSE LINUX 10.0 and
there will be SLES 10, but SuSE 10 is a double fault)

But if you want MIT scheme, the links on
http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/ work, and the tgz they have for
download there contain binaries.