List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-edu] EDU-CD and IRC
From:       Lars Rupp <lrupp () suse ! de>
Date:       2007-06-19 9:05:34

Hi

Back again from my "family-holiday". :-)
Everything is fine now and I can start with my next big target: move
the whole family over 400km to Nuernberg in the next months.

Am Mo 04 Jun 2007 15:28:35 CEST schrieb James Tremblay <jamesat@comcast.net>:
> the name is a little confusing it's status is alpha 1 , but it is built for
> openSUSE 10.3 alpha4 (it's also 10.2 compatible) give it a whirl.
> http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/openSUSE-Education-Alpha4-Addon.iso

Package updates since the ISO comes out:
- gcompris (8.3.1 is available for nearly all distributions right now,
8.3.2 is comming out today with a few fixes. I'll try to build the new
version right now.)
- kde4 edu packages (many code fixes)
- stellarium (update to 0.9.0)
- stardict and stardict-tools (new package)
- Xara Xtreme (new package)

> soon. The general concensus for meetings with the openSUSE devs is:
> or 1700 GMT
>
> Boston (U.S.A. - Massachusetts)	Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 2:00:00 PM	UTC-4
> hours EDT
> Frankfurt (Germany - Hesse)	Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 8:00:00 PM	UTC+2 hours
> CEST
> Chicago (U.S.A. - Illinois)	Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM	UTC-5 hours
> CDT
> London (U.K. - England)	Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 7:00:00 PM	UTC+1 hour BST
> Corresponding UTC (GMT)	Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 18:00:00
>
> These times are either morning to mid-day for all or after work for many of
> the Europeans and during the middle of the day for the US participants. If
> there is a desire for an afterwork US meeting without the "devs" I would like
> to talk about that too. As Lars is of utmost importance to this project. I'd
> like for him to let us know on what date he is ready to proceed....new father
> sleeplessness and all.

Sleep deprivation is somthing I must discuss with the United Nations,
I think... ;-)

I prefer the 1700 GMT (for me 8:00PM) time as this is past my work.
Sorry for leaving you alone in the first meeting.

> I'm hoping for the 14th in the IRC chat room opensuse-edu@freenode.net

So the next meeting is 1700 GMT at 21th, is this correct?

With kind regards,
Lars