List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] VLAN's and NIS
From:       "Andrew Nix" <andrew.nix () st-paulshigh ! manchester ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2003-12-19 12:26:51

Hi list.
I have been having a problem with VLAN's and NIS. I had a search on
google and also had a look at linuxquestions.org but couldn't find
anything of any help as I dont really know what Im looking. I was hoping
that if I explain my problem, someone on the lisy might be able help or
at least point me in the direction of help.

My problem is that we have run out of IP address on our 213.18.165
network and have a very nice HP Procurve 5308Xl layer 3 switch. I have
setup up several VLAN's and all the routing works fine. Everything talks
and internet works, but Im having a problem with NIS. Home directories are
mounted but it wont pick up users. Does anyone have any idea wot might be
going wrong or how I may be able to fix it

TIA
--
Andrew Nix

St Pauls Catholic High School