List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] Re: Re: Flossie again
From:       Colin McQueen <cmcqueen () mcqueen ! uk ! net>
Date:       2003-12-13 13:35:44

ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 23:04, Colin McQueen wrote:
> > ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Personally it would be nice to have it in Whitley Bay so I can
> > > stop with my ageing dad and save costs by having it in his living
> > > room.
> >
> > Hey Ian, I was born and bred in Whitley Bay.  Spent much of my
> > mispent youth playing pinball down at the Spanish City. What d'yer
> > know.  I'd go for it cos I could visit my Mum and Dad as well. :)
>
> I used to work on the ghost train when I was 15. (1970ish) Which
> primary school did you go to? Park School? I was at St Edwards -
> demolished now, used to be next to the bus station. Brought up Briar
> Dene and Whitley Lodge.

I was in the council estate near the Ice Rink, Whitley Bay FC and
cricket field, went to Monkseaton West Junior, then Whitley Bay Grammar
(became High school).  Vaguely remember Park School.  I remember playing
Briar Dene Junior at football.  I can't remember St Edwards, where was
it?  Where did you go for secondary?

My dad was a bus driver and so I spent quite a bit of time at the United
Bus station.  My gran lived across the road in Cambridge Ave behind the
ABC cinema and my Grandad was manager at The Avenue pub on the front.
The ghost train eh?  That was down the bottom wasn't it or was that the
demons den??  I used to spend a lot of time up the top on the archery
and .22 stalls.  I was 15/16 doing GCEs at the High school in 1972-74.

Never heard of computers then myself but I remember being intrigued by
some programming unit in Maths in a pre-A level taster lesson.  Actually
it put me off 'cos it seemed difficult.  Went down the Science route
instead.

--
Colin McQueen