List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    [suse-linux-uk-schools] mail
From:       Matt Johnson <johnsonmlw () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-11 18:31:14

Folks,

I have two servers in a school (SuSE 7.2). I set one
up a year ago, and the other this week. I've always
been able to type the following command with success:

mail johnsonmlw@yahoo.com < ./report.txt

I use it to report to me nightly from a remote
location. As far as I remember (a year ago) _all_ I
did was setup the IP addresses of the DNS servers we
use (ISP).

But the same command doesn't seem to work on the
second server, which has the same DNS settings, and is
seems able to connect to everything it should (ie.
it's seems networked correctly - I ssh'd into it from
the other server, and then back again). I used YaST
today and found a dialog that allowed me to say I
wanted the 'from' line to be 'server2.school' when
mailing. But the command above doesn't work.

Has anyone got any ideas? Anything to point me in the
right direction?

Thanks in advance

--
Matt