List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] UnitedLinux
From:       "Josef" <josef () uniteddiversity ! com>
Date:       2002-09-11 13:29:19

Hello, we at uniteddiversity have started a new venture called OPN
Technologies. We want to supply refurbished recycled computers to the social
economy, pre-installed with SuSE Linux and lots of other good OS software
(e.g. OpenOffice, Ximian Evolution etc).

We have purchased SuSE 8 Professional, but I understand that not all of it
is fully open source.

To clarify the situation can someone please tell me what the legal rules
concerning the pre-installation of SuSE on old machines to re-sell are, and
how we would go about it without breaking any licences/laws?

Thanks very much,

Josef Davies-Coates
uniteddiversity LLP
85 Ravenshaw Street