List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    RE: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Plans for a Linux distro
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-01 14:35:36

Hi Chris,

This is a great idea. I do have some suggestions though:

	- Firstly, use Debian. with debian  you make use of the Debian
Jr project if needed -also package management is better, and you coulds
have educational packages as a unique apt source. This way you could
write a KDE program that can list the educational packages on the server
and someone can point and click to download it. This would make
administration easy.

	- If you need help...I will try to help where I can...and I am
sure I can persuade some pals of mine to get on board.

	- If you do use Debian...I might be able to supply some server
space and bandwidth.

	Jono