List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] LTSP
From:       Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn () ringways ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-01-30 9:28:59

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 8:11 am, s-clarob@st-aidans.cumbria.sch.uk wrote:
> Does anyone know the minimum specification for an LTSP client?

I suppose it depends on what you mean by minimum spec.  I believe (don't
quote me) that it will runn on a 386, 16MB RAM, 1MB vid card, and a bootable
NIC.

A more realistic minimum spec would be a 486, 16MB RAM, 4MB vid card.

> Is it faster than using VNC?

On a 386/16MB I would think so. Bear in mind, VNC has to sit on top of
something else and I've personally never got the DOS version working.

> Ta Rob.

All this is hearsay as I'm at the start of my LTSP project not at the end.

--
Gary Stainburn