List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    LTSP
From:       Ron Johnson <head_hertfordstandrews () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-08 21:08:07

Hi people

First time I have used this linux school connection –
so if u r able to reply, be gentle please – simple
instructions for a simpleton – I have very little
Linux xp but know a friend who at moment does not know
the answer to the de following:-
We have recently set up LTSP at my school one Linux
computer that has three thin clients working from it
(which is connected to the school network – which has
a Linux server that has performed wonderfully for the
past 4 years).
It has been okay so far, but he thin clients wont log
onto the computer if it has been not used for a while
– and then if I use the computer I am then able to log
on from the thin clients – can anyone help?
I presume the hard drive has gone bye byes – does
Linux do that? – if so how do I stop it and would it
do any harm to the computer to leave it on all the
time without a switch off hard drive function? Or r
there any really clever folk who know how to start the
computer up from the thin clients if my assumption is
correct?

Thanks in advance
Ron