List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    Re: [suse-linux-uk-schools] Firewall SUSE 7
From:       Chris Howells <chrish () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-04-24 9:37:45

manager wrote:

> Duh! The firewall controls (usually) eth0 and eth1 so how do you get it to
> work without the network?? My script actually checks that networking is
> enabled before it runs.

If I understand it, on my system (Debian) I have my iptables firewall
script as a script in /etc/init.d/firewall, and this is linked to from
/etc/rcS.d/ (that directory is the sysv init scripts that will be used
*every* boot, unlike the rc5.d which will only be used when running run
level 5, etc).

Sorry I don't know how SuSE handles it, but you might be able to do a
similair thing.

HTH,
--
Chris Howells