List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    WINE
From:       "Alan Davies" <staff.asd () birkenhead ! wirral ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2000-11-25 16:53:36

After reading the LINUX magazine I thought I'd give
WINE another go (I tried it months, possibly years ago).

I could not get it to install on my lap top (which never
mapped the \ key correctly - is there the equiv of
Char map on LINUX?).  But the SUSE installation on the school
LINUX box had it installed.

'Could not stat /mnt/fd0' - although I don't understand
why not as mount and umount works OK by hand.

Then 'Invalid path c:\windows' - after I had created
/c and /c/windows and /c/windows/system.

I understood that unless I was using a genuine windows partition
with windows DLLs etc. WINE would use its own.  What am I missing?
(apart from a better brain)

--
Alan Davies
Head of Computing