List:       suse-linux-uk-schools
Subject:    PC Xservers, another (wasted?) weekend
From:       "Alan Davies" <staff.asd () birkenhead ! wirral ! sch ! uk>
Date:       2000-11-25 16:46:22

OK - so failure is not necessarily a bad thing - I'm still learning
and they say you learn more that way(!)

MIX Xserver - it appears you can add fonts.  I've not succeeded..
but perhaps I should try harder.  Complicated by the fact that
my proxy is quirky with ftp and 'mgetting' files from command
lines is not my forte.

Cygwin - well, I downloaded it - still downloading actually...
I take it that its not an Xserver but a development system
which for GNU on the windows platform on which - it may/should
be possible to compile a version of Xfree86....  As I have
difficulties compiling a just few lines of C code I don't think
I'm going to succeed here....

WeirdX - ah sounds good.  I downloaded it.  But just what do
you run?  I tried the various html files which started applets
but could not get
export DISPLAY=W.X.Y.Z:0.0 to create any session

--
Alan Davies
Head of Computing