List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
From:       "=?UTF-8?Q?Ga=C3=ABl_Lams?=" <lamsgael () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-06 7:21:37

> That's pretty much what I said. People seem tot hink they need another distro> to \
> learn something. I'm happy to hear at least someone else out there> understands.
actually I discovered linux with a slackware 6/7 years ago (it wasversion 7 or 8, cd \
given to me by a friend,  really formativeexperience, but, hum, difficult for a \
newbie like I was) then I moveto redhat and since 5 years I use SuSe Professional on \
all my servers(9.0 and now 9.3) and most of what I learned has been on SuSe,including \
the use of vi, bash scripts,  compilation from source,configuration of so many \
services (from proftp to openldap, qmail,.......). I still learn every day. I try \
from time to time other distributions,but well, for the time being never had to do \
something that I wasn'table to do in SuSe. Some glitches sometimes, but never \
reallyimportants and the only distribution that would be like I want wouldbe a \
distribution that I would build myself, maybe when I retired in30 years :-) Kind \
regards, Gaƫl
> OT:>> How do you pronounce your name? It seems German and if I'm correct it would> \
> sound like "Gah - ayle" in English.. I think lol. I'm terrible with Umlauts> unless \
> it's the U.
It's a celtic name (I think it means foreigner, or something likethat). In french we \
would pronounce it "ga - el"