List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
From:       kai <kai () perfectreign ! com>
Date:       2006-04-05 19:18:35

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 08:04 am, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 05/04/06, lerninlinux@comcast.net <lerninlinux@comcast.net> wrote:
> > From: Allen <slackwarewolf@comcast.net>
> >
> > > On Tuesday 04 April 2006 11:47 pm, lerninlinux@comcast.net wrote:
> > >

> > > So why not open a terminal in SUSE and as root type init 3? I don't
> > > understand this... The gentoo install is stupid at stage 1 and the only
> > > reason peopel do it is for ego. Do you think that .... 2% speed
> > > increase maybe? Means anything to a user? No.
> > >
> > > And why did you send this to me off list, if I read and replied to you
> > > I'm obviously on this list.
> >
> > As being discussed on the list, the whole Reply to thing,  You have to
> > click reply to all, then delete the user, to reply to the list (webmail
> > restrictions, stupid, yes!).  And if you look at the time, I was falling
> > asleep at the keyboard.  I am sorry for that. Ego, no,    It doesn't temp
> > you with ease of use.  And it does allow me to TRY another distro,  just
> > like Linux, it's about CHOICE.  I never understand WHY people seem to
> > have a problem with that.
>
> If you do that with the reply to then you cause problems for some
> other list users.  As I found out the other week.
>
> Just delete the address in the reply to field and pop in the list
> address, it's easy enough.  You don't have to reply to all.

I've done it a bazillion times, too.

At work, they don't allow port 25, so I use my webmail (Horde?) client.
There's no "L" option like in KMail, and for some reason this list (unlike
many others I've been on) doesn't default to reply-to the list.

It is a serious pain to have to then go into the address, delete one of the
addresses (without deleting the other) and then send.

Grrr....

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.