List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
From:       Jerry Feldman <gaf () blu ! org>
Date:       2006-04-02 15:00:25

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:46:48 -0400
"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@globalsymmetry.com> wrote:

> I'm still confused as to what product offerings will be available in the
> future.  I've been using SuSE linux since 5.2, and have purchased the
> Professional distribution with every release.  Looking over the website, I
> don't see it offered anymore.  Can someone please clarify what the future of
> the traditional SuSE Linux distribution will be?
1. Open SuSE - This is the free download from Opensuse.org
2. SuSE Linux retail - This is the boxed set equivalent to professional
3. SuSE Linux Enterprise Server(SLES) - Enterprise Linux - 2 year
release cycle
4. SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop(SLED) - Enterprise Desktop. Same
release cycle as SLES.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group