List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] pppd dialin host how-to?
From:       Michael W Cocke <cocke () catherders ! com>
Date:       2006-04-02 14:34:49

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 10:43:45 +0200, you wrote:

>Michael W Cocke wrote:
>
>> Possibly an obvious question, but most of what I can find on google
>> doesn't help.  Does anyone know of a decent how-to on setting up a
>> dialin server (preferably with the calling side authentication config
>> too).?
>>
>> I have to be set up for a cellular modem in about 36 hours and I
>> haven't used dialup equipment under linux before.  Dos & Win yes - I'm
>> not hopeless - but I got into linux after I got broadband.
>
>I can't help you much, but you might want to have a look at RADIUS -
>"Remote Authentication Dial In User Service".
>

>/Per Jessen, Zürich

Thanks anyway, but that's severe overkill.  Thanks to webmin I have it
hacked together enough to work - just needed a ppp link with chap/pap.

A whole new meaning to the phrase mobile office.  <sigh>  Wired the
van for 110AC with an inverter and installed a laptop, printer & cell
modem to connect back to the office.  What I wouldn't give for muni
wi-fi!

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.