List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] CDROM ACTS LIKE MICROSOFT!
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2006-02-26 20:26:18

On Monday 06 February 2006 13:53, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Steven,

> Execute this magic incantation:
>
> 	dcop suseplugger HWHandler popupConfiguration
>
> from a shell running under KDE (say, in a Konsole window).
>
> You'll see the SuSEPlugger configuration interface where you can control
> the actions triggered by the appearance of various kinds of removeable
> media.
>
> > Steven
>
> Randall Schulz

Thanks Randall. I tried that, and thought I had accomplished something
positive.  I blanked out the first field.  I only had an icon to go on.  I
removed whatever had been in the first field (the one that has the round
icon.)  I don't know what has changed since then, but it's back to launching
KFM when a CD is inserted.  It appears the UI is in need of a bit of fleshing
out.

The real problem is that the daemon seems to be fighting the KsCD for control
of the physical device, thus causing the CD to stop playing a minute or so
after I first insert it.

Suggestions?

Steven