List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] OO: If you can make it, I can break it!
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2005-12-28 0:47:12

I decided to see what I could accomplish using OpenOffice in terms of
extracting data from HTML.  When I try to open the document, it begins to
load, and then locks up.  This happens every time.  There was a time, long,
long ago when StarOffice was one of the best tools for playing with HTML in
areas such as printing and data extraction.  I suspect the functionality is
still there, I just can't seem to access it.

Has anyone else encountered this, or similar problems?  My experience over the
years has been that StarOffice/OO is very prone to locking up.  That really
needs to be addressed.  There should be ways to handle the exceptional
conditions which cause lockups that don't involve SIGKILL.

The OO developers should stop doing anything else until this is corrected.

Steven