List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] monitor 1400x1050, kde 1280x1024
From:       "Leen de Braal" <ldb () braha ! nl>
Date:       2005-12-21 15:44:20

> Ok... just went into Sax2 and confirmed your findings. My monitor
> resolution won't go above 1280x960.
>
> I fixed the problem in the following way:
>
> - Open up YaST
> - Select Hardware
> - Select Graphics Card and Monitor
> - Check that your Card: type is correct.
> - For Monitor: click Change.
> - In the Vendor Pane select '--> LCD'
> - In the Name Pane select your resolution and be aware of the refresh
> rate mine for a ThinkPad G41 with the Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200' card
> is '1450x1050@60HZ'
> - Double check your settings in the Display Size tab.
> - Click Ok
> - Double check your Properites: Resolution and Colors.
> - Click OK
> - Click Test

Running sax2 gives a config of 1400x1050 on Card Intel 855 GM.
I have changed to other 1400x1050 monitors (not the ACER Travelmate 800,
which is mentioned under --> LCD). When testing, something goes not like I
expect. In the dialogbox, below the arrows, it says:

Screen [0]: 1280x1024 @ 72 Khz : 68 Hz

or with other monitors 74 Khz : 69 Hz

I cannot get it to show 1400x 1050 here. But when i restart sax2, it comes
up with 1400x1050 as configured resolution.
Again, running KDE shows 1280x1024 as max resolution on desktop.
How does kde know of max possible res for the desktop??

--
L. de Braal
BraHa Systems