List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] OpenDocument vs. MS Open XML
From:       Per Jessen <per () computer ! org>
Date:       2005-11-30 7:39:44

Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> What I really mean is these specifications support the illconceived
> notion of unstructured documents where you can simply stick almost
> anything almost anywhere.  My preference is for more structured
> approaches such as DocBook with Emacs and PSGML, or nXML.  I wish more
> people saw the light on this.

Ah, now I understand what you were getting at.  Would a more structured
approach be suitable for all kinds of documents?  Both Word and OO are
being used for the most varied kinds of documents.  I personally design
everything from businesscards over flyers to invoices and songs.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.co.uk/ - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.