List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] KDM Login Screen Options (Show Clock)
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2005-11-29 20:21:37

Randall R Schulz wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 11:18, Felix Miata wrote:

> > AFAIK, the only way to see the KDM clock during greeter is to use a
> > standard KDM greeter. The standard 9.3/10.0 greeter is not the KDM
> > greeter. The only way I know to get what you want is to scrap the
> > SuSE theme. Replace UseTheme=Yes in kdmrc with UseTheme=no to do it.
> > BTW, SuSE is not the only distro doing this.

> Hmmm... The file is "kdmrc," you say?

> %  locate kdmrc
> /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
> /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc.SuSEconfig
> /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
> /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc.bak
> /opt/kde3/share/config/SuSE/default/kdmrc
> /opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/en/kdm/kdmrc-ref.docbook
> /var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc

> Which one do I want to edit? Not the docbook, of course, but choosing
> which of the others is a puzzle to me.

Don't know. Seems like exists way too many of them. Good chance you want
either #1 or #3, or maybe both, maybe whichever has the newest
timestamp. :-p My SuSE 9.2, 9.3 & 10.0 systems are all unavailable ATM.
On Mandriva 2006 the one in control is in /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc in section
[X-*-Greeter].

> Might this be what is controlled via the "GUI style:" pop-up on the
> Appearance tab of in the Login Manager section of the KDE Control
> Center?

No idea, for same reason.
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
                                                Philippians 4:13 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/