List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] OpenDocument vs. MS Open XML
From:       Per Jessen <per () computer ! org>
Date:       2005-11-29 20:06:47

Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> My own opinion is that both of these specification are a bad use of
> XML. Nonetheless, they seem to provided what the masses want in a word
> processor.

The masses surely couldn't care less how the document format is defined,
be it in XML or not?  I like it being in XML right now - it makes it
easy to do fast mass document merges ("mailmerge") external to OO.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.