List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] suse10 & win4lin
From:       Roger Oberholtzer <roger () opq ! se>
Date:       2005-11-10 17:09:26

After the Win4Lin Pro bashing here, I installed Parallels. Um... It does
not do direct access to local disks. Even via smb. If you want to access
a local disk as, say, drive D, you must import it into Parallels as a
copy. Not impressive. I understand the root drive (C:) is an image so it
can be whatever the guest OS wants. But live access to additional disks
is need! Did anyone get network working? Things claim to be there, but
no access is possible.

OK. It is a beta. But the disk thing is, I think, the way it will be.

--
Roger Oberholtzer
OPQ Systems AB