List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] suse10 & win4lin
From:       Ken Schneider <suse-list () bout-tyme ! net>
Date:       2005-11-08 20:53:17

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 21:07 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 14:51 -0500, Ken Schneider wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 18:40 +0000, Stephen Allewell wrote:
> > Have you thought of using CrossOver Office to run your windows apps? I
> > use it for Quicken without any problems. Runs many apps, not all but
> > many.
>
> I run many apps that way as well. I even run MSVC++ and a TI DSP
> compiler in crossover's wine, controlled via GNU make. If it wine ran
> OS/2 code (for a legacy TI DSP compiler), I would be happy. But dosbox
> (in SUSE 10) does that.
>
> What is a problem is my wife's bank, which uses some crap MS explorer
> thing for certificates. I never did get that to work with crossover. But
> it is always the thing I try first. The certificates themselves are
> standard. What is not is the mechanisnm the bank is using to get the
> certificate. My bank uses a little credit card number generator. No
> software. I can use it anywhere.

Call them up and threaten to move all of your banking needs to another
bank. It might wake them up to the fact there is something else out
there for there customers to use. If no one ever complains they will
never change their ways.

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998