List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] How to prevent audio device change owner after normal
From:       Rocky Zhang <rocky () userful ! com>
Date:       2005-03-07 22:55:45

Hi Sunny,

I think it should solve your artsd/sound problem. There maybe another
issue: how can you let 2 user launch KDE at same time.

2 options for you:

1) Change audio device lines ( Note: there are bunch of device name
related to audio devices, such as audio, sequencer, mixer, snd etc. )
from 0600 to 0660; So after second user login, the user default is in
audio group, which should have a R/W permission to access every audio
devices;

2) Comment the lines related to audio devices; the audio device
(/dev/snd/*) should be always be 0660, owner is root:audio; So the
second user should have permission to access the audio device.

Thanks.

Rocky