List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] lost Umax 1220S scanner  9.2 install
From:       joe lerch <jel () pa ! net>
Date:       2005-03-07 22:57:34

I looked but can't find the information to install my Umax 1220S.
It worked OK until  I did a fresh install to 9.2 and can't get it to find
anything related to the scsi. There is no /dev/sg0 or and other /sg

In yast it says there is no configurable controller found, likewise yast finds
no scanner. It appears yast will not install the needed drivers so I need
directions on how to manually install the driver.

In previous versions it used the g-NCR5380 driver /dev/sg0

Can anyone give me directions for a manual installation? I found an old drive
with Suse 8.x that works with the scanner, so I know it is possible, I just
don't remember how I got it installed back then, and when I upgraded to
9.0/9.1 it continued to work, it was only after I was forced to do a fresh
install that I lost the scsi controller.

thanks in advance

jeo