List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] gnome
From:       Franklin Maurer <nebbish () sprynet ! com>
Date:       2003-10-09 4:51:16

On Thursday 09 October 2003 12:19 am, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Thursday 09 October 2003 06.14, Franklin Maurer wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 October 2003 12:02 am, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > >
> This was true for ximian 1, in my experience it's not true for ximian
> desktop 2, all the gnome stuff is installed in /opt/gnome2, just as in a
> default SuSE install, I haven't so far encountered any problems with either
> that or package names in xd2. If you have any concrete examples I'd love to
> hear about it.
>
> The only problem I've seen so far is that the PATH variable is set to
> something very limited, but that's easily fixed

i wasn't aware that this was fixed, thanks for pointing this out.
Personally my last experience with ximian was in 8.1, it ended in complete
failure after an upgrade.

Are you running xd2 and James' gnome?
And you've upgraded both or one, without any problems?
Do you use red carpet and apt?

I have witnessed others who ran into problems in the last few months, I'm
fairly sure it had to do with xd2. The problems arose after trying to upgrade
or remove xd2.

I'll search through the archives tomorrow and see if I can find them.
But now I must get some sleep.

--
Franklin Maurer
Using SuSE 8.2 Pro