List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    RE: [SLE] Can't get PPP dial out to work
From:       Jostein Berntsen <jostber () online ! no>
Date:       2002-05-08 9:26:42

Hi,

You can check if smpppd is started at boot with:

grep smpppd /var/log/boot.msg

If it is not, you can start it as root by running 'smpppd' and then try to
connect. To get it started at boot you can add it to runlevel 5 in Yast2.

This was the problem for me after install of SuSE 8.0, so I could not connect
with either kinternet or wvdial before running smpppd.

Regards,

Jostein