List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] Can't get PPP dial out to work
From:       Maury Merkin <merkin () his ! com>
Date:       2002-05-08 2:37:34

I installed SuSE 8.0 this morning and have been unable to get PPP dial
out to connect with my ISP.  The same thing happens whether I use wvdial
or kppp.  The modem dials and there is a connection and I get a message
that pppd is started but there is no connection.  I can't ping my ISP
nor can I used my browsers or get or send e-mail.

I've never had this kind of problem with earlier versions of SuSE nor
with Debian, Red Hat or Slackware in the past.  Anyone else having a
problem?

Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.