List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Suse 8 - nvidia beware!
From:       Ben Rosenberg <ben () whack ! org>
Date:       2002-05-04 18:03:11

Just an FYI. For a LONG time KDM had issues with the nVidia drivers. I
would think that nVidia hasn't bothered to check to see if those bugs
were reintroduced w/ KDE3 and the 2880 nVidia driver. I only see the
types of issues that have been talked about when I fire up KDM which I
never use accept to test that the bugs reported by the SLE users are in
fact bugs and not just misconfiguration.

I would change from booting runlevel 5 to 3 for a while and after KDM is
shutdown. I would rerun SaX2 and make sure all is well. Then use it for
a couple days see how everything preforms.

BTW..nVidia's last 2 GLX packages make the symlinks that are needed by
itself. The switch2 scripts dealing with nVidia are not needed...and in
some cases just frell everything up.

-=Ben

mailto:ben@whack.org
--=====--
If it's true that our species is alone in the
universe, then I'd have to say that the universe
aimed rather low and settled for very little. -GC