List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Network Printing Creates Extra Blank Page at End
From:       Stephen Allewell <stephen () mirramar ! fsnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-03 13:55:41

"Brian W. Carver" wrote:

> Thanks for that command Stephen, but I can't find any files on the whole
> drive that start with apsfilter.  How could I figure out which filter my
> printer is using?

Not to sure really, i've attached a section of my printcap file:

brother-raw|lp3|y2prn_brother.upp--raw-brother|y2prn_brother.upp raw:\
	:lp=/dev/usb/lp0:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/y2prn_brother.upp--raw-brother:\
	:lf=/var/spool/lpd/y2prn_brother.upp--raw-brother/log:\
	:af=/var/spool/lpd/y2prn_brother.upp--raw-brother/acct:\
	:if=/var/lib/apsfilter/bin/y2prn_brother.upp--raw-brother:\
	:la@:mx#0:\
	:tr=:cl:sh:

not quite the same as yours in the first line.  IIRC I setup the
printers through Yast2, and the apsfilterrc files were created from
there!  I don't know if having it set up for use on a network would
make any difference, my printers are locally connected to my desktop
workstation.

Having just had a look at your original post, the line
:if=/usr/lib/lpdfilter/bin/if, I did a search for lpdfilter which only
shows up references for SuSE 8.0.  Is this what you are using?  It
would seem things have changed from 7.3 which I have installed, which
is probably why the files I mentioned are not there.

Sorry I can't help further.

Steve