List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    RE: [SLE] SuSE v8 Booting WinME & Mouse Problems
From:       "keith" <keith () kelso5 ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-28 11:15:03

Hi Tor

I have edited /etc/X11/XF86Config with the settings for the mouse

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver		"mouse"
  Identifier	"Mouse(1)"
  Option		"ButtonNumber" "5"
  Option		"Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
  Option		"Name" "AutoDetected"
  Option		"Protocol" "imps/2"
  Option		"Vendor" "AutoDetected"
  Option		"ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

But still the mouse fails to work. Just to clarify the mouse is a Logitech
Cordless, which along with a Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard worked fine
during the installation phase of SuSE 8.0. But the mouse, whose connector
from the Logitech receiver box is plugged into a standard PS/2 mouse socket,
fails to operate having rebooted back into Linux following completion of the
install.

I hope I have retyped everything exactly as it is in XF86Config as I am
still using WinME for email, as I cannot finish configuring Linux till I get
the mouse working and have not managed to find out how to store Linux text
files so as to make them readable in WinME.

I still cant get the dual booting to work as it appears the original WinME
MBR has been totally lost, can anyone suggest how I might recreate such
without having to remove Linux and re-installing Win98? I'm currently using
a floppy disk to boot into WinME and the MBR for Linux.

Regards
Keith Jacobs
baggarley@one-name.org
Member of East Surrey & London & North Middlesex
Family History Societies and the
Guild of One-Name Studies
For more information see www.maestrocompserv.co.uk/baggarley