List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] SuSE v8 Booting WinME & Mouse Problems
From:       "keith" <keith () kelso5 ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-26 22:16:10

Hi all

Sorry but here comes another new Linux user and I have two problems.

The first, I loaded SuSE version 8 Personal on my system running Windows ME
and unfortunately I can now not boot Win ME unless I use a floppy disc.
Using the Lilo menu just produces a screen flicker and drops back to the
menu. Because of the next problem I have tried to re-install SuSE on four
occasions so guess trying Lilo -u/dev/hda, which I have tried, is not going
to restore the original boot block is not going to work.

Secondly I am using a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse. During the
installation SuSE used the following mouse driver, Intelli/Wheelmouse
(Aux-Port), without problem but after re-booting the mouse no longer works.
The auto detect reports the same mouse has been found but the mouse refuses
to work. I managed to get into Xterm-2 but although this also shows the
Intelli/Wheelmouse (Aux-port) there seems to be no way of making it work.

Can anyone suggestions gratefully received.

Regards
Keith Jacobs
baggarley@one-name.org
Member of East Surrey & London & North Middlesex
Family History Societies and the
Guild of One-Name Studies
For more information see www.maestrocompserv.co.uk/baggarley