List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] dd command
From:       DSprankle2 () netscape ! net (Dale A !  Sprankle II)
Date:       2002-04-09 18:36:47

I work for a company that's too cheap to buy any Hard Drive cloning software (i.e. \
ghost). We are primarily a Windows2000 based org. Creating a network install, is also \
out of the question. PC's are to be installed identically with the same hardware and \
software. I want to install everything one time to a Hard Drive that is slaved into \
my trusty SuSE 7.3 box and clone it over to Hard Drives as the need arises. I am only \
somewhat familiar with linux, but someone told me that the dd command is a \
possibility for me. After I install the so called Master Windows Drive and sysprep \
it, will the dd command in linux work, to make an exact copy? If so, please \
elaborate! TIA!! Dale

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the \
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at \
http://webmail.netscape.com/