List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] ADSL: Alcatel Speedtouch
From:       Phil Shrimpton <phil () shrimpton ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-09 14:59:57

Hi,

Oh yes there are....  http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net

> Have any of you got it to work ?

Yes.  Took less than an hour on SuSE 7.2 with the how-to and drivers from
above URL.

> it does not get picked upi when I boot
> into Linux.

I suppose you could easily write a script, but all I do when I boot is type...

modem_run -m -f /sbin/alcaudsl.sys
pppd call adsl

> The modem version I have is for United Kingdom only, and my ISP is PIPEX.

I am with BT, but I guess there is not much difference..

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
  2:51pm  up  1:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.53, 0.44