List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Modem Problem
From:       Jyry Kuukkanen <jyry () neutech ! fi>
Date:       2002-03-11 13:02:34

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Clois Beckwith wrote:

> I have an ISA modem on COM 3 port and with an interrupt address 3e8.
> Works fine when in Windows, but  when  I boot into Suse 6.4,  it is not
> recognized.   I have modified the  Rc.config file to TTYS0, 1, and 2
> and  still it is not recognized.
>
> I  have run the PNPdump and the  ISApnp - no errors.
>

> Anything else I might have overlooked?

Hello

You could try:

dmesg|grep tty

Do you seen ttyS2 ?

There were some issues with cua/tty namings with 2.2x kernels, too, that
might cause confusion in your case.

If possible, it might also be helpful to install Suse 7.3 as it has
much better modem setup routine than 6.4.

Cheers,
--Jyry

Kansainvälisten kisojen tulosteksteissä käytetään
kilpailijoiden nimiin äänestoainetta.