List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Modem Problem
From:       "Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris () ntm ! org>
Date:       2002-03-10 4:03:33

Clois Beckwith wrote:

>I have an ISA modem on COM 3 port and with an interrupt address 3e8.

Com3 would be ttyS2.

>Works fine when in Windows, but  when  I boot into Suse 6.4,  it is not
>recognized.   I have modified the  Rc.config file to TTYS0, 1, and 2
>and  still it is not recognized.

Set it to ttyS2.  Is this an internal modem?  Maybe it is a Winmodem,
which is not really a modem but an interface to a phone line that uses
software to emulate a modem.  Try http://linmodems.org in that case.

>I  have run the PNPdump and the  ISApnp - no errors.

What is the message on boot from isapnp?

--
Joe & Sesil Morris
New Tribes Mission