List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    KDE 2.2 Problems
From:       "Ralph F. De Witt" <ralphfdewitt () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-08-19 8:26:27

Hi All:
I have just installed KDE 2.2 from the SuSE site. It is very impressive. So
far I like it very much execept for the icons. I liked the 2.1.1 icons better
and the desktop backgounrd is a little to lite.

Problems: So far I have run in to the following problems:
Konqueror crashes when going to a ssl site, This seems to be a know problem.
If i open Konqueror as file manager then go to web site it works.

Lost desktop icons after a long session in Kmail. Believe this is screen
refresh/redraw problem. Logged out and then back in and the icons were
restored.

DVD/CDROM is not usable. Get error. Could not mount device. The reported
error was: /dev/cdrom: Input/output error mount: I could not determine the
filesystem type, and none was specified. This worked previously.

Sound. No sound. Get a error message on start up about permissions on
/dev/dsp. Believe this is do to Arts being installed now and confilicting the
normal sound device.  Since game sound is lost if it is used would rather not
have it installed.

Has anyone an solutions to the above problems?

Ralph

--
It said uses Windows 98 or better so I installed SuSE 7.2
Proud user of SuSE 7.2 Professional