List:       suse-laptop
Subject:    Re: [suse-laptop] Multimedia keys on dell notebooks
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-02-09 10:42:24

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2005 11:17 schrieb MC:
> I would like to ask You, if somebody knows how to activate subj. To be
> concrete, I have Dell Inspiron 8600, suSE 9.2. My wish is to have a
> possibility to collect somehow a key with an application.
> I have seen some tries, but only as kernel module.

Open a konsole in KDE, type xev (enter) and see what happens, if you press any
of the multimedia-buttons. Volumen up should give you something like
XF86AudioRaiseVolume. If so, You can go into kcontrol > regional settings >
keyboard layout and pick a multimedia keyboard, e.g. Logitech
Internetnavigator. Done this, you can assign the multimedia-keys to e.g.
kmix. Simply open the mixer-window, right-click on the icon above the
master-volume > assign keys. Then click on an entry in the offerd list,
followed by a click on the grey square at the bottom of that window, use the
key you want to assign, done.

Sven

--
Um die Liste abzubestellen, schicken Sie eine Mail an: